Events and Campus Resources

Kenyon Reservations

Kenyon Reservations is the official online reservation system for any space reservations at Kenyon College. Student organizations are permitted to reserve spaces and have events during the academic year. No reservations or events will be approved during campus breaks, finals week or reading days. Any students with questions about any of these terms should seek clarity with the Office of Student Engagement prior to reserving a space.   

How to reserve a space:

  • Navigate to

  • Login with your Kenyon username and password

  • Select the date and time you are searching for a space, including the time needed for set-up and teardown by the organization

  • Select the space that best fits your needs

  • Complete the request form, including selecting the group requesting space

Students reserving space are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:

  • All policies outlined in the Student Handbook and Student Organization Handbook are applicable and any violation of College policies may result in a student conduct process against individuals within and/or the entire organization.

  • Per Office of Student Engagement policy, all organizations should request a reservation for space at least 72 hours in advance of the proposed event; spaces cannot be reserved with less than 72 hours notice. Services (e.g., tables, chairs, sound equipment, etc.) must be added to space requests at least five (5) business days prior to weekday events and a minimum of ten (10) business days prior to weekend events. Requests made for spaces or services that do not meet these stated requirements will not be approved.

  • All contracts for events must be submitted to the Office of Student Engagement at least four (4) weeks prior to the event.

  • Organizations are not permitted to advertise for an event until they have received confirmation that the request for space has been approved.

  • Students  may only reserve space for an organization of which they are a member of and  in good standing.  

  • Student organizations are not permitted to reserve space for another group/individual. If a group plans to co-sponsor an event, all parties must be listed in the reservation request and members of the co-sponsoring organizations must be present for the duration of the event. 

  • Co-sponsored events must align with the mission of the organizations. 

  • Library study reservations must only be for the designated spaces at Chalmers.

  • Organizations are responsible for fees for any damage incurred during the time in which the space is reserved. This includes unintentional damage and damage caused by event guests. If individuals notice any damage in my space during the event they will report it to Campus Safety and email Student Engagement with photos within twenty-four (24) hours.

  • All reservations must state the intended purpose; misrepresentation of the event may result in cancellation.

  • Reservation requests must be made for the exact space that is going to be used (i.e. Old Kenyon west lounge and patio if using both spaces; Craft Center kitchen for preparing a meal and/or Craft Center lounge for hosting a meeting). Reserving one space to gain access to another is considered misuse of the reservation system and is not permitted.

  • Fire code/venue capacity regulations must be met.

  • Several spaces on campus are designated as "alcohol free" and bringing alcohol into those spaces may result in conduct charges. If organizations are unsure whether a space is alcohol free, they must contact the Office of Student Engagement prior to reserving the space.

  • Alcohol may only be brought into a space for an approved Social Event with Alcohol registered through the Office of Student Engagement.

  • The College has the right to cancel a reservation at any time due to unforeseen circumstances. The Office of Student Engagement will work to re-schedule the event for organizations, if possible.

For more information about Kenyon Reservations, please visit the LBIS website for tutorials and additional instructions. 

Maintenance and Catering Services

A/V (sound techs), maintenance and catering can be added using Kenyon Reservations in the same request form. After you have selected the space and completed the required information, follow the pop-up prompt and select the button to "Add Services."

  • Sound tech services are available only to registered student organizations. 

  • Peirce Hall is a facility licensed to AVI and, as such, has the right of first refusal on any food event in Peirce Hall with the exception of Peirce Lounge and Peirce Pub. Peirce Lounge and Peirce Pub can utilize alternative catering options.   

  • AVI Catering can be requested by clicking the button to "Add Services." 

  • Pricing information for services (including sound techs, maintenance and AVI catering) are listed in the Kenyon Reservations system. 

K-Card Access to Buildings

K-Card access is afforded to registered student organizations (in good standing) as needed for specific building access.

Examples of K-Card access include:

Access for 3-5 members to a specific building (R-17, WKCO, Black Box Theater etc.)
Access for 2-3 members per organization with OSE storage to the Gund Commons lower level storage

To request access to the appropriate facility, please complete the K-Card Access Form found on KCon. 

If your organization is afforded access, you will be added to the K-Card system and notified accordingly. This process may take 2-3 business days to complete.

*Please complete a separate form for each facility for which you are requesting access*