You will find some of our policies and other useful information below. If you have questions or concerns please contact us.

Documentation of required immunizations for the 2024-25 academic year is required by June 1, 2024.

Health Services is open from 8:30 a.m. - noon and 1 - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. Counseling Services is open from 8:30 a.m. - noon and 1 - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.

Kenyon College believes that the entire campus community is best positioned to remain healthy when allpersons are immunized. Accordingly, first-year and transfer students are required to provide proof of fullimmunization prior to the start of the academic term for the CDC recommended vaccines for children and adolescents.

Please review the immunization requirements and exemption guidance. Follow the instructions at the bottom of the immunization exemption guidance page to upload the required letter into the student health portal.

The Office of Campus Safety has certified medical responders who are available at all times, and the College Township Fire Department responds to emergency calls in Gambier. Several options for emergency and acute care are available within five miles of campus: Knox Community Hospital, Knox Public Health’s Health Center, CVS Minute Clinic, and two urgent care facilities. Knox Community Hospital can provide some specialty providers; please refer to their website for a full list of services/providers.

Cox Health and Counseling Center works with you to make sure you receive needed medication.

ADD/ADHD Prescriptions: Students who will need refills of ADD/ADHD medications can schedule an appointment with Health Services. You will need to provide written documentation of testing or correspondence from your prescribing physician.

Allergy Shots: If you need allergy shots, Health Services will work with your schedule to provide these to you. Serum will be stored on-site, and you are responsible for picking up the serum to take it home with you over breaks. Allergy shot services require a one-time fee of $50.

More about Prescriptions

You can fill prescriptions at several local pharmacies. Options include:

Take the written prescription to the pharmacy of your choice. You will need to have a copy of your insurance card and a method of payment when picking up your prescription.

Conway's Eastside Pharmacy offers a prescription delivery service Monday through Friday for a small fee. Prior to filling your prescription, you must complete and sign a form for Conway's Eastside Pharmacy and fax it to their office.

Select prescription medications are also available directly through Health Services and can be obtained at the time of your visit. Any prescription that is not housed in Health Services will be sent electronically to the pharmacy of your choice. 

Any student who needs to dispose of an unused or expired prescription may obtain a DeTerra Drug Deactivation Kits are available through the Cox Health & Counseling Center and Campus Safety.  

Area Pharmacies


Conway's Eastside Pharmacy740-397-1420


Rite Aid740-393-2822


All Kenyon students must be covered by a health insurance plan. Students are eligible for and included in the Student Health Benefits Plan facilitated by Wellfleet unless coverage has specifically been waived. This plan is fully compliant with the Affordable Care Act and is required for all full-time students who are not covered under their family’s domestic health/hospitalization plan, an individual health plan or Medicaid. 

The health and counseling fee, paid each year, covers your visits to the Cox Health and Counseling Center. However, if you need specialty care, diagnostic testing, referrals and medications, you will need to pay co-pays, deductibles and coinsurance when using the College health plan.

Your home medical provider should fax any important treatment information to either Health Services at 740-427-5527 or Counseling Services at 740-427-5446.

Student Accessibility and Support Services can assist students and parents to coordinate accommodations relating to diet, housing, academic needs or transportation while they are here at Kenyon.

All student care and support is confidential (licensed healthcare professionals) and private (staff whose duties do not require a professional license). Student health information will not be shared with any person unless the student has given permission by completing a Release of Information form.

If you are concerned that confidentiality or privacy has been violated, please contact 740-427-5415.

Before you arrive at Kenyon, please share information about your health history with the Cox Health and Counseling Center. You will receive an email with instructions for accessing a series of health history forms during the summer. This information is needed for Health and Counseling to provide you with proper care. 

If you have serious medical needs, contact us well in advance of your arrival to discuss available local options. Our staff will do everything possible to coordinate care with a student’s primary care provider/specialist when necessary.