Kenyon's Health Services provides primary care services for enrolled students. The medical professionals on the staff have extensive training and experience in addressing the unique health issues of college students and provide a full range of student-centered health care services in a compassionate, equitable and unbiased manner. Fees may be incurred if medication or testing is deemed necessary and will be determined at each visit.
Located on the first floor of the Cox Health and Counseling Center, Health Services is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.- noon. and 1 - 4:30 p.m. while classes are in session.
To make an appointment: 740-427-5525
After hours and weekends: 740-427-5555 (Campus Safety)
Health Services offers initial diagnosis and treatment for a broad spectrum of acute illnesses and injuries as well as management of chronic conditions.
- Coughs, colds and sore throats
- Stomach issues
- Minor injuries
- Gynecological health (pap, birth control, emergency contraception, UTI)
- Skin rashes and infections
- Minor procedures (wart and mole removal, stitches, removal of sutures and staples)
- Allergy injections
- TB skin testing
- Physicals (sports, employment, off-campus studies)
- Health education/counseling
- Order/draw laboratory testing along with X-rays, diagnostic imaging studies, and physical therapy (some testing and services might be referred to off-campus locations)
- Repair cuts, lacerations and wound care
- STI screening, testing, treatment
- Administer certain injections/immunizations or refer to an outside provider if necessary
- Continue medical management of ADD/ADHD with proper documentation
Referrals to specialists
For some conditions that require specialty consultation and care, Health Services staff will refer patients to a local health care provider or work with students to make arrangements for additional care. Students are responsible for the transportation to and from these appointments.
Serious medical needs
If you have serious medical situations, Health Services will work with you to discuss available local options. Our staff will do everything possible to coordinate care with your primary care provider or specialist when necessary. Incoming students are encouraged to contact the director of health services well in advance of arrival on campus to discuss these options.
All Kenyon students must be covered by a health insurance plan. Students are eligible for and included in the Student Health Benefits Plan facilitated by Wellfleet unless coverage has specifically been waived. This plan is fully compliant with the Affordable Care Act and is required for all full-time students who are not covered under their family’s domestic health/hospitalization plan, an individual health plan or Medicaid.
The health and counseling fee, paid each year, covers your visits to the Cox Health and Counseling Center. However, if you need speciality care, diagnostic testing, referrals and medications, you will need to pay co-pays, deductibles and coinsurance when using the College health plan.
Gambier, Ohio 43022