Chemistry Placement Examination Information

If you have an AP Chem score of 4 or 5, you may enroll directly into Chem 122 ("Chemical Principles"). Please ensure your scores are on file with the Kenyon Registrar. Alternatively, you may qualify for Chem 122 by enrolling in Chem 121, the 9 a.m. section; the first assignment in Chem 121 serves as a placement assessment for Chem 122, and if your placement is high enough, you will have the opportunity to switch to Chem 122. For more information on the assessment, please see our information page.