Schedule for Fall 2023
All programs will take place from 12:10 - 1 p.m. in the Leach Dining Room in Peirce Hall. Lunch is provided for in-person attendees. Students, faculty and staff are all welcome to attend. Please register in advance.
- Thursday, Sept. 21: Tips on Receiving Feedback Well
Drawing from the book "Thanks for the Feedback" by Douglas Stone and Sheila Heen, this program will focus on managing your emotional triggers when receiving feedback so that you can take in what the other person is telling you and be open to seeing yourself in new ways.
- Thursday, Oct. 19: Why Work Relationships are Worth the Trouble
Drawing from the book "Getting Along" by Amy Gallo, this program will highlight reasons why, good or bad, relationships at work matter. We will also discuss approaches that rarely work when dealing with difficult colleagues and ways to take care of your well-being in the meantime.
- Thursday, Nov. 16: Nine Principles for Getting Along with Anyone
This program will set out nine principles mentioned by Amy Gallo in her book "Getting Along" that she recommends for managing ourselves when dealing with people we find difficult, otherwise known as "cleaning up your side of the street."
Previously Recorded Programs
- Tips on Receiving Feedback Well (closed captions) (September 20, 2023)
- Conflict Entrepreneurs and Others Fanning the Flames (slide deck only) (April 18, 2023)
- Recognizing High Conflict in the World and Yourself (March 23, 2023)
- Using Empowerment and Recognition to Lessen Destructive Conflict (slide deck only) (February 2, 2023)
- Preparing for the End of the Semester (November 30, 2022)
- Assertiveness Doesn't Have to Be Scary (slide deck only) (November 8, 2022)
- Boundaries Don't Have to Be Scary (slide deck only) (October 18, 2022)
- Hard Conversations Don't Have to Be Scary (October 4, 2022)
- How Do You Tend to Respond to Conflict? (slide deck only) (March 22, 2022)
- Dealing with Angry and Irritated People, While Not Becoming One Yourself (slide deck only) (February 15, 2022)
- Questions of Persuasion & Questions of Curiosity: How the Type of Questions We Use Impact the Kind of Conversations We Have (February 5, 2021)
- "Where's the Lack?" (September 17, 2020)
- "Change Your 'Should' to 'Could'" (October 8, 2020)
- "Own Your Real Estate" (November 12, 2020)
- Developing Trust in Teams (slide deck only) (March 10, 2020)
- Become a Better Listener (slide deck only) (November 19, 2019)
- What is Workplace Bullying? (slide deck only) (2015)