Where to Begin
Before you embark on your off-campus study application, the CGE suggests that you:
- Read the website to learn more about OCS.
- Talk to the CGE staff about possible programs. Since we do not set appointments by email, please complete an Advising Questionnaire in StudioAbroad and make an appointment through Google Calendar to talk with Kerry or Kenna for advice about possible programs or Marne to talk about OCS finances.
- Talk to your major adviser and other faculty about programs that might be a good fit.
- Attend the OCS Sophomore Meeting in the Fall.
- Review programs of interest. Pay attention to any course prerequisites, language requirements, the education system, and housing options. You will also want to start researching the prospective country and its culture. You can save programs that you want to refer back to later.
- Email Kenna Welch (email@example.com) to request feedback from Kenyon students about programs you may be interested in.
- Talk to returned OCS students. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be put in touch with a returned student. Academic departments and the Center for Global Engagement will also host panel discussions, but one-on-one time with returned students is strongly encouraged!
- Contact your OCS provider to determine your competitiveness as an applicant. Please note that, with few exceptions, Kenyon approval does not determine admission for the OCS programs themselves.