The College may exercise the following rights:

  1. To enter any room for the purpose of inspection, repair or emergency.
  2. To reassign residents within a residence hall, after timely notification, in order to accomplish necessary repairs and renovation to the building.
  3. To revoke the campus privilege including residency in or utilization of any of its buildings of any occupant whose conduct, solely in the College’s opinion, becomes injurious or potentially injurious to the academic community.

Use of the College Name

User will not use the name Kenyon College in any advertisement material, brochure, mailer or any similar item in a manner that infers that the College is a sponsor/co-sponsor or in any way affiliated with, the user group. The College’s name may only be used for reference of event location unless written approval has been granted by a College official.

Non-College Events Policy

Kenyon makes its facilities available for rental on a limited basis for use by individuals or outside organizations when students are in residence. The majority of use by outside organizations is limited to the summer, fall, and spring break periods.

The types of outside organizations eligible to use the College's facilities are primarily non-commercial groups; groups with an educational or cultural purpose, and community-related nonprofit groups. Groups should relate to the mission of the College and must be consistent with Kenyon’s non-profit educational status. If the non-College organization is a commercial, private or for-profit entity, its use of Kenyon facilities must be related to educational or charitable purposes. Kenyon College reserves the right to impose insurance or access restrictions on any facility usage, or to other wise restrict access if such usage would be inconsistent with the best interests of the College.

In addition, individuals not affiliated with the College may be able to book weddings and receptions on campus, schedule permitting.

If scheduling permits, a non-Kenyon group may utilize Kenyon’s facilities during the academic year. However, having members of the Kenyon community associated with an event does not necessarily constitute a "co-sponsored event." Co-sponsoring an event in name only, in order to gain access to College facilities, exposes the College to undue liability risk and makes the space unavailable for true Kenyon-related purposes. Also, Kenyon policy prohibits non-Kenyon groups from bringing in outside vendors such as, but not limited to, technical support, security and/or caterers.  Requests for such events must be made in writing by the organization’s director and addressed to Kenyon’s Office of the President for approval.

In those cases where a non-Kenyon sponsored event is able to be scheduled, all individuals or organizations renting or using Kenyon’s facilities for non-Kenyon events or programs must file in advance of the activity a certificate of insurance naming the College as an additional insured and obtain a limit of liability appropriate to the activity.

Families renting Kenyon facilities for a wedding or reception, or individuals registering for an event may find it possible to obtain a rider on their household insurance policy to meet this requirement. An authorized non-College user of facilities may also purchase a special event policy to provide such insurance coverage for their guests, themselves and the College.

The name "Kenyon College" may not be used in association with a non-College function without prior consent from the Director of Summer Programs Office.

The College reserves the right to revoke campus privilege, cancel, postpone or change location of a function, when in the opinion of the Vice President for Facilities, Planning and Sustainability it is deemed appropriate.