Faculty, staff and students may access the Kenyon Reservations online system to reserve space and request related services including catering, audio/visual, custodial and maintenance. More information about the system is available on the LBIS website.
Master Events Calendar
The Master Events Calendar, managed by the Office of Campus Events in conjunction with the Event Coordination Committee, exists to reduce or prevent scheduling conflicts between events that target similar audiences and/or require similar resources.
Department, office and affiliate-sponsored events and large-scale meetings (e.g., town halls, faculty meetings, etc.) should be added to the Master Events Calendar in a timely manner via the Event Submission Form. Changes or cancellations can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consult the calendar and Kenyon Reservations for potential conflicts before planning your event, particularly if you are contracting with external visitors. Event scheduling is generally on a first-come, first-served basis; however, traditional annual events, such as Opening Convocation, Founders’ Day, Honors Day, Baccalaureate, Commencement, Reunion Weekend, and the MLK Day of Dialogue, are permanent fixtures on the calendar and should not be scheduled against.
The Master Events Calendar is not intended to replace Kenyon Reservations. Please continue to reserve rooms, through the system.
Common Hour allows members of the Kenyon community to attend events that enrich the campus and cultivate dialogue. Common Hour is defined as Tuesday and Thursday from 11:10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tuesday Common Hour is reserved for public events or speakers that are open to the entire community.
- Thursday Common Hour is designated for more specialized events or speakers, likely to draw more targeted audiences, and may also be used as a general meeting time.
- No regular classes, standing course- or student-related activities, and/or athletic practices should be scheduled during Common Hour on either day.
The Office of Campus Events will refer to the guidelines outlined above when reviewing and approving requests to schedule events during Common Hour. Examples of events that may be scheduled for Tuesday Common Hours include those that are open for the entire campus to attend, such as:
- College ceremonies (Founders’ Day is held on a Thursday and will be an exception)
- Academic, departmental and administrative speakers
- Faculty lectureship speakers
- Presidential town halls
- Others, as approved by the Office of Campus Events