Click on each day's schedule for more details. The schedule is also described in this downloadable program.
Saturday, August 21, 2021
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Orientation and housing check-in, Lowry Center. You may check in at the Lowry Center any time between 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. and then move into your residence hall.
- 2 p.m. Opening session for students and families, Samuel Mather Lawn
- 2:45 - 5 p.m. Orientation programming for students
- 3 - 5 p.m. Orientation programming for parents and families
- 6:30 - 8 p.m. Parent and family dessert reception
Sunday, August 22, 2021
- 7:30 - 9:30 a.m. Convocation breakfast
- 10:30 a.m. Opening Convocation: You and your classmates are formally welcomed to the Kenyon community during Convocation. Families are warmly invited to attend, and the ceremony will also be livestreamed.
- 11:30 a.m. Families depart campus after Convocation.
- 1 p.m. Orientation group meetings
Monday, August 23 - Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Orientation programming for students
Thursday, August 26, 2021
Saturday, August 28, 2021
- 10:45 a.m. Orientation Group meetings on Ascension and Peirce Lawns
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Student Involvement Fair and lunch at the Lowry Center
This is your first official march down Middle Path, between rows of gown-clad professors. Four years later, you do it again at Commencement.
It sounds hokey, but it’s a great bonding experience. It’s also an initiation into Kenyon vocabulary, where you discover words like ‘Kokosing’ and ‘asphodel.’
The Matriculation Book
Future novelist John Green signed it. So did future film star Allison Janney. Every October, after the Founders’ Day ceremony, the newly settled first years page through this remarkable book, then add their own names.