Plan Summary for the 2020-21 Academic Year
In response to requirements of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Kenyon offers a comprehensive student health insurance program for the 2020-21 academic year.
Plan: 1 Accident-Only Insurance
Accident only insurance will automatically cover all full-time students as of August 15, 2020 and will continue through August 14, 2021.
Plan 2: ACA-Compliant Optional Student Health Insurance
- Policy Period: Coverage begins on August 15, 2020 and will continue through August 14, 2021.
- Plan Cost: The annual cost of the Optional Student Health Insurance is $2,800 for 2020-21.
- Billing: The annual fee will be charged one-time each academic year on the fall semester tuition and fees billing statement. Enrollment is optional; if you waive coverage, you will receive a credit to your student account.
- Waiver Eligibility: If you wish to waive the coverage, you must provide proof of other Affordable Care Act-compliant coverage. College policy does not permit international students with F-1 and J-1 status to waive the Optional Student Health Insurance unless the family holds U.S. employer provided health insurance meeting Federal ACA requirements. International students who are out of the country during the Fall 2020 semester will be required to enroll in the plan if they return to campus for the spring 2021 semester.
- To waive or enroll: Create an account with Wellfleet, our student insurance provider, and follow instructions to either waive or enroll by August 31, 2020.
Withdraws/Defers Students deferring their college enrollment for the fall 2020 semester with plans to attend in the spring, if residing in the United States, will still be eligible to enroll in the annual plan if all of the following provisions are met:
- A Withdrawal/Leave Form is completed and received by the College by August 31, 2020.
- Student intends to enroll for full time classes for the spring 2021 semester, and
- Student will be residing in the United States during the fall 2020 semester.
Please contact the Student Accounts office for assistance enrolling if not attending fall 2020 semester.
If you have other comparable insurance coverage and you do not wish to enroll in the optional health insurance plan offered by the College, you must complete an online waiver form no later than August 31, 2020. Waiver period begins August 17, 2020 and ends on August 31, 2020. Waive or enroll here: wellfleetstudent.com
Please pay close attention to the waiver deadline of August 31, 2020. If you do not waive the coverage by the waiver date, you will be responsible for payment.
Complete benefit and coverage information can be found in the student health insurance brochure at wellfleetstudent.com