Kenyon College is committed to fostering a climate free from discrimination and harassment, through clear and effective policies, a coordinated education and prevention program, and prompt and equitable procedures for resolution of reports of conduct prohibited under the Civil Rights Policy. The College encourages all members of its community to participate in the process of creating a safe, welcoming and respectful environment on campus.
This policy provides the Kenyon community with (1) resources and recourse for individuals who experience prohibited conduct, (2) guidance to a reporting party, complainant, respondent or other affected community members, (3) Kenyon’s expectations for healthy respectful interpersonal interaction and communication, and (4) a procedural outline for addressing behaviors that are counter to Kenyon’s mission and prohibited by this policy.
The College emphasizes that every person, regardless of demographic or personal characteristics or identity, is entitled to the same protections against harassment and misconduct on the basis of a protected characteristic and that every individual will be treated with equal dignity and respect.
Office for Civil Rights Staff
|Name||Contact||Department or Center||Profile Image|
Civil Rights/Title IX Coordinator
Stephens Hall 21
Phone Number(740) 427-5820
Civil Rights/Title IX Deputy Coordinator
Stephens Hall 24
Phone Number(740) 427-5245
Office Manager, the Offices of HR & Civil Rights
209 Chase Avenue
Phone Number(740) 427-5384
Complaint Resolution Decision Tree
View a flow chart depicting the process initiated by making a report to the civil rights and Title IX coordinator.
View the Civil Rights Policy
The 2022-23 Civil Rights Policy is available to read online.
This brochure includes information about how to get help, Kenyon policies, a glossary of terms and frequently asked questions.
Download a poster with information about reporting options and resources.
Please note that, prior to July 1, 2021, sexual misconduct & harassment and discrimination & discriminatory harassment were addressed in separate policies.
- 2022-23 Civil Rights Policy
- 2021-22 Civil Rights Policy
- 2020-21 Sexual Misconduct and Harassment Policy
- 2020-21 Discrimination and Discriminatory Harassment Policy
- 2019-20 Sexual Misconduct and Harassment Policy: Title IX, VAWA, Title VII
- 2019-20 Discrimination and Discriminatory Harassment Policy
- 2018-19 Sexual Misconduct and Harassment Policy: Tile IX, VAWA, Title VII
- 2018-19 Discrimination and Discriminatory Harassment Policy
- 2017-18 Title IX and Intimate Party Violence
- 2017-18 Discrimination Policies
- 2016-17 Title IX/VAWA Policy
- 2015-16 Title IX/VAWA Policy