The CIP consults with faculty about teaching strategies and assists with operational needs.
- Guide to Kenyon's Online Course Evaluation System
- Questions Available Through the Online Course Evaluation System
- Mid-Semester Perspectives
- The Visual Literacy group which met as part of the Kenyon Essentials project has created a rubric for assessing student development in Visual Literacy and New Media.
- The AAC&U provides a set of 15 rubrics as part of their VALUE (Valid Assessment of Learning in Undergraduate Education) project. The topics are inquiry and analysis, critical thinking, creative thinking, written communication, oral communication, reading, quantitative literacy, information literacy, teamwork, problem solving, civic knowledge and engagement—local and global, intercultural knowledge and competence, ethical reasoning, foundations and skills for lifelong learning, and integrative and applied learning. You must provide an email address for access to the rubrics.
Podcasts are quickly becoming a common learning tool for professors and students.
Teaching and Learning Publications
- Kenyon has access to a substantial number of journals on the scholarship of teaching and learning through Library and Information Services. Some of these are about teaching in higher education generally; others are focused on a specific discipline. To suggest a title for our list, please email email@example.com.
- The CIP maintains a bookmark list of readings related to teaching and learning. To suggest a resource for our collection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of our best links can be found with the tag "Reading of the Week".
Other collections of interest include: