Group advising during Orientation is a great opportunity for you, your faculty partner, and your Orientation Leader to help your new advisees get settled into life at Kenyon.
The First-year Experience office has scheduled one Group Advising Session on Sunday, August 21, 2022 from 1:45 - 3:15 p.m.
While there's a lot that you could cover in this session, remember that you'll have plenty of opportunities to continue building upon the foundation established already.
Key topics to cover in group advising are:
- The value of a liberal arts education
- The value of exploration and flexibility
- The role of advising (you as their advisor, the Advising Office, other faculty and staff resources)
- The likelihood of struggle and the power of asking for help
- The importance of writing their own unique Kenyon story
- Review First Steps: A Guide to Building Your First Schedule and navigating next steps as necessary
NOTE: Encourage your advisees to take placement exams and attend the department presentations.
There's plenty of information to help you support your students as they navigate their first year at Kenyon including our First-Year Students page with helpful links for registration from the Office of the Registrar.