This year, we have a wide range of presentations, panels and workshops focused in three general areas:
- collaboration between faculty and staff to support student learning
- new applications of educational technology
- courses that employ pedagogies of diversity, equity and inclusion.
This year’s keynote speaker will be Antar Tichavakunda, assistant professor of race and higher education at the University of California Santa Barbara and author of "Black Campus Life: The Worlds Black Students Make at a Historically White Institution."
Presenters at the conference this year represent 10 different colleges, and registration is open to participants from all institutions. Register now.
For session descriptions see the full agenda.
Wednesday, May 31
9 - 11 a.m.
- Writing Prompts to Foster Classroom Creativity with Chris Gillen and Alexandra Bradner from Kenyon College
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Creative Classrooms: Alternative Design and Assessment with Caitlyn Deeter, the College of Wooster
1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Keynote with Antar Tichavakunda from the University of California, Santa Barbara
2:40 - 3:40 p.m.
- (Re)placing the Podium: Mediated Public Speaking as an Inclusive Practice with Jennifer Abbott and Jordin Clark from Wabash College
- Editing Wikipedia: Addressing Equity Gaps in the World’s Most Popular Encyclopedia with Katie Holt and Emily Armour from the College of Wooster
- Exploring Students’ Perception of Using a Hyper-video Annotation Tool for Video Discussions in Online Learning Environments with Daeyeoul Lee and Heeyoung Kim from Rider University
Thursday, June 1
9 - 11 a.m.
- Writing What Works with Anna Scanlon from Kenyon College
11:20 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Student Agency in Learning through a Prospectus Assignment with Simon Garcia from Kenyon College
- Pleasure-Centered Holistic Productivity in Higher Ed: A Liberatory Praxis for Students, Staff and Faculty with Megan Pow Sheldon, Champlain College
1 - 2 p.m.
- Reflect & Connect: Building Social Emotional Learning into the College Classroom with Megan Dinnesen, Mount St. Joseph University
- Faculty of Color Network with Simon Garcia and Irene López from Kenyon College
- Nonviolence in the Inclusive Classroom with Jeffrey Reed from Wabash College
2:30 - 3 p.m.
- Transforming Institutional Culture: Teaching and Learning Together (TaLT) at Eastern Michigan University with Jeffrey L. Bernstein, Sarah M. Ginsberg, Jessi Kwek, and Lauren Silvia from Eastern Michigan University
Friday, June 2
9 - 10 a.m.
- Teaching the Digital: Scrolling, Re-mixing and Sampling with Maya Dodd from FLAME University
- Screencast Video for Feedback on Student Writing with David Thompson from Luther College
- Making your Grade Book Work with your Grading Strategy with Emily Armour and Missy Schen from the College of Wooster
10 - 11 a.m.
- Building Classroom Community and Connectedness with Nancy Bostrom, Devavani Chatterjea, and Bethany Miller, from Macalester College
1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Moodle Based Digital Escape Rooms with Caitlyn Deeter, the College of Wooster