Old Kenyon is where it all started
With its proud spires and massive stone walls (four feet thick at the base), Old Kenyon dates from the era of the College’s founding. It was, in fact, Kenyon’s first permanent building, constructed between 1827 and 1829. For most of its history, it has been a residence hall — and a particularly popular one, because of its historic character and its central location at the southern end of Middle Path, near many of the College’s major classroom buildings. Today Old Kenyon houses independent students, as well as members of the fraternity Alpha Delta Phi and a coed group, the Peeps o’ Kenyon.