Alumni Council consists of 20 alumni members who each serve on a committee. Current committees include volunteer affairs, communications and regional association. Alumni Council is led by:
- Kamille Harless '99, president
- Janae Peters '10, vice president
Recent Alumni Council initiatives include:
- Identifying regional association best practices for connecting alumni during COVID-19
- Creating a series of alumni social media takeovers that let alumni connect with students via “day in the life” content about their career
- Developing an alumni volunteer engagement newsletter
Breadth of experience, at Kenyon and beyond, is important to the Alumni Council and is apparent by its current make-up:
- 6 decades represented by class years
- 12 majors and 10 different industries represented
- 13 regions represented
- 100% volunteered with Kenyon in some capacity before joining Alumni Council
- 100% supported the school financially over the last three years
Read on to learn more about Alumni Council and how to get involved.
In the process of selecting future members, the Alumni Council will consider many factors such as the ability to communicate important perspectives from the alumni community to the College and from the College back to the alumni community; involvement with affinity associations where there are strong connections across generations (e.g., sports, Greek organizations, singing groups, Black Student Union, etc.); and a history of constructive alumni involvement or a clear desire to become more involved.
New Alumni Council members are selected by the current Alumni Council in May each year to fill the seats of those whose time on Council has come to an end. Candidates are gathered from self nominations, nominations by other alumni, and nominations made by the College. You may suggest one or more candidates for election to the Alumni Council for a three-year term commencing July 1, 2022. Nominate a friend, a classmate or yourself.
Alumni Council is just one way to get involved with the College. If you are looking for other ways to volunteer your time or talent, please check out other ways to get involved or read a recent edition of our Alumni Volunteer Bulletin.