Each fall, Kenyon celebrates Latinx Heritage Month from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15. This month is designated to celebrate the culture, history and achievements of the Latinx community, and we are excited to share this year's roster of events.
The month will begin with the Opening Ceremony, which will be held on Thursday, Sept. 16 at 11 a.m. EDT via Zoom. Members of the campus community will have an opportunity to learn more about this heritage month, while also celebrating the Latinx culture.
There will be a variety of additional virtual and in-person (grab-and-go) events:
- Sept. 18 at 4 p.m. Cultural tasting on the Allen House lawn
- Sept. 21 at 11:10 a.m. Meet Latinx studies faculty — join via Zoom
- Sept. 24 at 5 p.m. Adelante leadership dinner (invitation only)
- Sept. 24 at 7 p.m. Keynote address by Gabby Rivera — request event password
- Sept. 25 at 11 a.m. Empanadas and More food truck at the Lowry Center
- Oct. 8 at 5 p.m. Adelante game night
- Oct. 15 at 7 p.m. Latinx Heritage Month reading
Please note that links for upcoming virtual events will be shared via weekly emails, which will help to ensure the security of the virtual program space.
Kenyon is committed to creating inclusive events. Please contact the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to discuss access considerations needed to participate fully in this event.