By accepting financial aid awards, I acknowledge I have read, understand, and will abide by the terms, conditions and requirements established by federal regulation and Kenyon policy listed below.
Email is the official method of communication for Kenyon College. Failure to check your Kenyon College email account or forward email to the account you use is not acceptable justification for missing important information sent to you by the College via email.
Reporting External Scholarships and Other Aid
If you receive additional funds not listed on your Financial Aid Notification, federal regulations require that you report these resources to the Office of Financial Aid. You should report outside scholarships using the online form on the admissions site.
Use of Financial Aid Funds
You may use financial aid funds only for education expenses incurred at Kenyon (or an approved off-campus study program) for the noted academic year.
Enrollment and Academic Progress
- Kenyon requires that you enroll full time to qualify for financial aid. Federal regulations require that you be enrolled at least half-time. If you withdraw or cease to carry the number of course credits required, you may be required to repay aid for which you are no longer eligible.
- All students receiving financial aid are expected to make satisfactory academic progress towards their degree as defined for undergraduates in Kenyon's Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy which is available online:
Kenyon College Scholarships
- Kenyon College Need-Based Grants and some Merit Scholarship are supported by the generosity of alumni and friends of the College. If any portion of your award is funded by a donor, you may be asked to write a thank you note and attend an appreciation event during the year. The donor may also receive information about your accomplishments at Kenyon.
- If selected and notified by the Office of Financial Aid or the Office of Advancement Services, you acknowledge that you understand donor supported funding underwrites existing financial aid and does not represent an increase in the total grant assistance from Kenyon.
- Failure to submit a requested thank you letter may delay the disbursement of aid in a future semester or exclude the student from consideration of any future donor-supported funding.
Changes to Aid Offered
- Kenyon College reserves the right to modify financial aid award(s) at any time due to changes in financial aid eligibility or changes in the availability of funding from external sources.
- The Office of Financial Aid uses e-mail to notify students of any changes to their financial aid. Make sure you check your email often.
- Loan funding is not applied to your account unless you accept the loan and complete any required promissory note(s), disclosure(s) or entrance counseling sessions.
- Any loan that you accept must be repaid, and you agree to do so under the terms and conditions of your promissory note(s).