The Office of the Provost's student research grants help support research-associated student travel sponsored by Kenyon faculty. While a range of experiences may be funded, priority will be given to funding student travel for research purposes, particularly for presenting results at conferences. The program is administered by the Provost's Office. Questions may be directed to Sheryl Hemkin, director of student research, or Amy Quinlivan, coordinator of administrative services.
Proposals are considered on a rolling basis, with priority given to students presenting work done in collaboration with Kenyon faculty. Faculty traveling with students will not be eligible for support from this fund. Must be a current student to apply. Students will be notified of the status of their requests within three weeks of completing the application process. Grant funds are quite limited, so in order to provide support to many students, the following limits are generally applied, totaling $1,200:
- Conference Registration Fees: up to $200
- Hotel accommodations: up to $400, two nights maximum
- Meals: up to $100, two days maximum, no alcohol
- Flights and ground transportation: up to $500 total, one round-trip ticket only
Under special circumstances, the monetary limits may be relaxed somewhat if the request is well-justified in the proposal.
To apply for a grant and/or help in securing funds for eligible research or research presentations, the student should:
- Fill out the Provost 's Student Research Grant Application form.
- Have their faculty sponsor fill out the Provost’s Student Research Grant Sponsor form.