To accomplish the College’s mission, meet the demands of the external landscape of higher education, build on Kenyon’s strong foundation and address the College’s specific challenges, we will focus the work of the College for the next few years into three priorities, each with a series of accompanying initiatives.
Rigorous Learning in a Global Context
Engage students in rigorous learning on enduring and emerging questions, rooted in Gambier’s residential community, with a global reach:
- Excellent, diverse faculty of teacher-scholars;
- Expanded liberal arts curriculum that builds on existing strengths;
- High-impact experiences that connect learning in the classroom to problem-solving in the field;
- International experiences;
- Integrated advising.
A Thriving, Diverse Community
Recruit, retain and educate a community of academically excellent students, reflective of the diversity of our nation and representative of the world, thriving as individuals, and united by a shared sense of belonging:
- Inclusive excellence;
- Residences and programs that are a match for Kenyon’s commitment to residential education;
- Prioritizing health, wellness and well-being for all members of the community.
Strong Financial Foundations
Fully realize Kenyon’s mission into its third century by securing the College’s financial foundations, advancing equitable access, and stewarding our built and natural environment:
- Financial aid, scholarships and tuition that promote equitable access;
- Stewardship of our built and natural environment;
- Replenished financial reserves and continued growth of the endowment.