RESOURCES IN GAMBIER AND MOUNT VERNON
- Counselors are available nearby and include Behavioral Healthcare Partners.
- Medical care options that are near campus include: Knox Community Hospital and New Directions.
- Other resources in Knox County, including local law enforcement contacts, can be found on the Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Abuse website.
- Campus Safety can also contact the Sheriff's Office on your behalf.
Many of the following resources are in Columbus, about 55 miles from Gambier. Others are on-line or national.
- ASHA Ray of Hope: 614-565-2918 Domestic Violence resources for the South Asian community
- BRAVO: BRAVO works to eliminate violence perpetuated on the basis of sexual orientation and/or gender identification through prevention, advocacy, violence documentation and survivor services.
- Catholic Social Services: 614-221-5851
- Choices: For victims of domestic violence
- Columbus Bar Association Find a Lawyer
- Columbus Urban League: 614-257-6300 Free support and education for African American clients
- Committee Against Sexual Harassment (c/o YWCA): 614-224-9121 Advice and referrals for employment issues
- Domestic Violence Shelters in Ohio
- Family Violence and Prevention Center
- Grant Medical Center
- Jewish Family Services: 614-231-1890
- Knox County Protection Orders
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus: 614‐224‐8374
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence
- Ohio Dept. of Health Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Prevention Program
- Ohio Hispanic Coalition Domestic Violence 24 hour Hotline: 614-746-3534 Spanish- and English-language services for Latino(a)s/Hispanics.
- Ohio Stalking Information
- Riverside Methodist Hospital
- Shalom Task Force Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-888-883-2323 Resources for the Jewish community. Advocates available to speak Hebrew, Yiddish, Russian, Hungarian, and Spanish.
- Suicide Prevention Services 24‐Hour Hotline: 614‐221‐5445
- Stalking Resource Center
- Women's Outreach for Women: 614-242-1284 Support services for women, sensitive to needs of Latinas and lesbians experiencing intimate partner abuse.