Samuel B. Cummings Jr. Lectureship Fund
Established in 1996 through a bequest of Professor Samuel B. Cummings Jr., retired member of the Department of Psychology, for an annual or biennial lecture in one of the academic fields of anthropology, archaeology, psychology, and sociology. Each of the academic fields is represented once in every four lectures, with each field being covered in turn by a lecture every year or two.
Robert O. Fink Memorial Classics Lecture Fund
Established in 1992 through a bequest from Ruth K. Fink in memory of her husband, Robert O. Fink, a classics professor at the College from 1946 to 1966. The income supports a continuing series of lectures or colloquia, at least once every two years, arranged and administered by the Department of Classics.
George Gund Lecture Fund
Established in 1959 by George Gund, Honorary 1950, long-time trustee of the College and chair of the Finance Committee, father of Graham Gund of the Class of 1963, and former chair of the Cleveland Trust Company. The income is used to bring the best of events, speakers, musical artists, or other educational projects to the College for the enjoyment of everyone.
Joseph H. Larwill Fund (Departments of Philosophy and Religious Studies)
Established in 1908 by a gift from Mr. Larwill, Class of 1855. The income defrays the expenses of lectures, known as the Larwill Lectures, on faculty-approved subjects.
Drs. Paul and Laura Mesaros Art Fund
Established in 1993 through a gift from physicians Paul and Laura Mesaros. The income is used to enhance the College's art program, as determined by members of the Department of Art. The activities sponsored by the fund will have a public character and will occur on a one- or two-year cycle, depending on the event and its funding needs. Activities may include, but are not limited to, artists in residence, guest lectures, visiting artists/teachers, and special exhibitions.
Payne Fund Lectureship for the Arts
Sponsored in 2011 by Elisa Bolton Hooper, Class of 1995, through The Payne Fund, the fund provides support for public programs and lectureships in the arts. In consultation with the provost, the gift may be directed to all areas of art including theatre, dance, music, or visual art at Kenyon College.
Richard Grandin Shepherd Lecture in Economics Fund
Established in 1986 by Virginia Jergens, Parent 1990, in honor of her husband, Richard Grandin Shepherd, Class of 1941. The income is used in alternate years to support public lectures by outstanding thinkers in the field of economics. Lecturers, selected by the economics faculty, address economic issues of interest to the entire academic community.
James P. Storer Lectureship Fund
Established in 1990 to enable the College to bring outside experts and authorities to campus to enrich the program in Asian studies. The fund is the gift of James P. Storer, Class of 1949, Honorary 1985, and an emeritus trustee of the College.
Denham Sutcliffe Memorial Lecture Fund
Established in 2002 through a gift from Robert B. Palmer, Class of 1959, along with subsequent gifts from friends and admirers of Denham Sutcliffe, James A. Dempsey Professor of English at the College from 1946 to 1964. Income from the fund is used to support a continuing series of lectures or readings at Kenyon College arranged and administered by the Kenyon Review.
Kenneth L. Taylor Concert Series
Established in 1993 through a bequest from Kenneth L. Taylor, professor of music at the College from 1966 until his death in 1993, and with gifts in his memory. The income supports annual professional performances of music from the later Middle Ages through the end of the eighteenth century. Performers are to be chosen from among the foremost proponents of historically informed performers available.
The Angela Waite Student Recital Series
Established in 2000, the semi-annual Angela Waite Student Recital Series features those students judged to be the best performers from the end-of-semester music juries. The students honored in this way are chosen by the faculty from a slate of more than 250 singers and instrumentalists. Approximately ten performers are selected for each of the two concerts, held in early January and May of each year. The income supports the cost of the concerts and other departmental projects as determined by the music department faculty in consultation with the provost.
Charlotte Warner Chamber Music Fund
Established in 1985 by the Charlotte Warner Trust in memory of Charlotte Collins Warner, the wife of H. Landon Warner, long-time professor of history. The income supports the Charlotte Collins Warner Concert Series of chamber music at the College.