It is that time of year again! The Kenyon College Ballroom Dance Club is bringing back Dancing with the Kenyon Stars (DWTKS)! Students, faculty, staff and members of the community are invited to cheer on this year's dancers.
What is DWTKS? It's a ballroom fundraiser where Kenyon students teach Kenyon faculty and staff how to dance in order to raise money for the Mount Vernon Winter Sanctuary.
When and where? 7 p.m. in Rosse Hall on Dec. 1. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Admission is free, but we encourage you to buy a ballot ($1 each) to vote for your favorite dance!
Let us introduce you to the dancers:
- SASS Advisor & Assistive Tech Coordinator Mary Harris and Sacha Franjola '26
- Campus Safety Administrative Assistant and Transportation Coordinator Miracle Mahle and Elizabeth Redmond '25
- Associate Director of Counseling Holly Baker and Sophia Percy '26
- Director of the Center for Global Engagement Marne Ausec and Thomas Metcalf '26
- Associate Director Career Development Karen Leuthold and Ally Lavy '26
Ballroom Dance Club's newbies will not be competing, but they will be showing off their new skills! Professor Balinda Craig-Quijada, Student Council President Marissa Sun and previous winner Ashleigh (Zarley) Baker, the AVP for information technology, are this year's judges. Pep Band and What's K-Poppin' will be performing as well. Come cheer everyone on!