Peer notes will be provided to students with disabilities based on documented needs. Students are asked to meet with the Student Accessibility and Support Services (SASS) office to discuss peer note requests during the first week of each semester. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
1. Upon approval of student’s request for peer notes SASS will send a peer notes accommodation request email to the professor of each class for which peer notes have been approved. The professor will ask if someone wants to provide notes (unless the student wants to ask a friend to provide notes) and will send peer not providers to SASS. Peer note providers will be paid for the provision and tracking of class notes.
2. Students may request the instructor’s notes for this initial period of time, although these notes may or may not be available.
3. The SASS office will contact the note recipient to confirm when peer notes are available. Additional alternatives will be explored if peer notes are not provided within a two-week period from the “Accommodation Request” email sent to faculty.
4. Students can opt to either have notes delivered to the SASS office area for them to pick up or they can opt to have notes scanned and emailed to them directly.
5. The student must read and sign the Peer Notes Recipient Agreement (Word) when registering for peer notes in the SASS office.