Information Session for Spring 2022 teaching
Interested first-time applicants should attend the session on Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2021 at 11:10 a.m. in Tomsich 101. Applications are due Thursday, Oct. 28, 2021.
How to Apply
Applications are currently being accepted for spring 2022 teaching positions. Any student with advanced -to- near native proficiency in one of our languages are strongly encouraged to apply. To apply to become an Apprentice Teacher (AT) in Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish, please see the following links:
- Application Guide for All Applicants
- Application Form for All Applicants
- Letter of Recommendation Form
NOTE: Please request a faculty reference in a timely and professional manner to allow enough time for them to provide a reference. If you are a current or former AT, your most recent faculty supervisor should be your reference. If you have not met any of the MLL professors in your language, you should contact them and arrange a time to meet. You should be prepared to talk to them about the following:
- What is your teaching experience?
- Have you studied the language and its structures? / what are the difficulties you anticipate in teaching it?
- Why do you want to teach it?
- How would you teach X (certain grammar points, vocabulary sets, or other aspects of the language)?
- In what ways are you involved in the MLL department?