Family WeekendGAMBIER, Ohio (October 16, 2012)
Kenyon expects to welcome more than a thousand visitors on Friday through Sunday, October 19-21, for the 2012 edition of Family Weekend. The weekend is packed with events, most of them open to the entire campus community.
Of special note this year is a presentation, "From War Zones to the White House," by Kenyon parent and award-winning television journalist Martha Raddatz P'15. A senior foreign affairs correspondent for ABC News, Raddatz received widespread attention recently when she moderated the debate between vice presidential candidates Joe Biden and Paul Ryan. She will speak at 9:30 a.m. in Higley Hall on Saturday.
Family Weekend Highlights
- The BFEC Harvest Festival on Saturday afternoon.
- Performances of Lanford Wilson's Balm in Gilead, Friday and Saturday nights, in Bolton Theater.
- Concerts by the Kokosingers (Friday night), the Kenyon College Symphonic Wind Ensemble (Saturday afternoon), and various student singing groups (Saturday afternoon).
- Family Day at the Gund Gallery, Saturday morning.
- Presentations by Summer Science students (Friday afternoon) and Summer Legal Scholars (Saturday).
- Driving tours of lands protected by the Philander Chase Corporation, the College's land trust, on Saturday afternoon.
- Home games for the field hockey and volleyball teams on Saturday afternoon.
For more informationplease check the complete Family Weekend schedule, or contact the Office of Alumni and Parent Programs at 740-427-5147.