Room Reservation Information
Coordinator of Campus Events
Room Reservation Information
During the academic year, individuals and groups who would like to use most spaces on campus must make a reservation following the steps outlined on this page. We request that you plan at least 48 hours ahead and remember that all offices are closed on weekends.
Below are the steps for making a request for a space through the Office of the Coordinator of Campus Events, Lorie Shults.
- Consult KC Reserve It to find an available space at least 24 hours before the space is required.
- Once you have found an available space, fill out the Online Room Reservation Form to request the space (see specific exceptions to this below).
- Once Ms. Shults has confirmed your reservation, you will receive an email confirmation of your space.
- If you are requesting a Maintenance setup or take down, you must complete a maintenance work order, though the Work Order Request Form. All work orders must have an account number or they will not be processed.
- Reservation of Rosse or Storer Hall require that the Rosse Hall Program Request Form be completed by the requestor at least 2 weeks prior to the scheduled date of your event. This form can be found at https://forms.kenyon.edu/rosseprogramrequest
To reserve the following spaces for events, contact:
Bolton Theater or Hill Theater--Kris Conant, PBX: 5531
Brandi Recital Hall (Storer) and Bemis Music Room (Peirce 210)--Donna Maloney, PBX: 5197
Brown Family Environmental Center--Dave Heithaus, PBX: 5050
Common Hour Reservations (T & Thurs 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.)--Susan Spaid, PBX: 5650
Eaton Center--Barb Hamm, PBX: 5172
Gund Gallery Atrium--Megan Hancock
Gund Gallery Reservations (other)--Mary Lynn Perry, PBX: 5837
Horn Gallery--Horn Managers
Kenyon Athletic Center--Michael Taylor
Norton Room, Ransom Hall--Kim Totman, PBX: 5778
Parish House--Hallie Logan, 427-2187
Ringwalt Room (Olin Library)--Anita Hooper, PBX: 5697
Rosse Hall--Lorie Shults, Online Room Reservation Form
Once the academic year finishes or during College breaks (Thanksgiving, Winter, Spring and Summer), the Office of Business services handles all room and space reservations. Please contact Bonnie Warren at 427-5250 for availability and pricing.
Policies and Procedures
- The requestor of the Reservation is the person responsible to see that all of the below regulations are followed and is responsible to educate all using the requested space to the proper treatment of the area.
- All furniture or room setups need to be returned to their original locations once your event is finished. If you or someone in your group has rearranged the room the requestor is responsible to see that it is returned to the original location. Failure to do so will result in a $50.00 fee by Maintenance each time the area has to be reset to the original setup. Student Groups and Organizations must take special note of this especially in places like, but not limited to, the Pub, Black Box Theater and Horn Gallery. If maintenance has managed set-up of your room, you do not need to reset it.
- Any presence of alcohol, including empty alcohol containers found in an area without filling out the proper Party Registration Forms will result in a $50.00 fee by Maintenance for cleanup and Conduct Sanctions for an Unregistered Party. To Complete the Party Registration forms please use the following links.
- Small parties, 20 people or less, can be held any night of the week, but must end by 12:00am. For Small Parties use the following link: http://www1.kenyon.edu/forms/stuevents/smallparty.phtml
- Large parties, larger than 20 people, can only be held on Friday and Saturday nights. Registration from must be submitted before noon on the Tuesday before the party. http://www1.kenyon.edu/forms/stuevents/largepartyopen.phtml
Maintenance/Work Order Requests:Please take into account time allotted for any special setup requests. All Maintenance Requests must be completed at least 4 days in advance of date and time. Maintenance requests for weekend setup and take down must be requested no later than 3:00pm on Wednesday prior to your event. Failure to do so will mean that your event will not be setup. All Maintenance Requests MUST be submitted by electronic Work Order ONLY. Requests made by phone will not be considered a proper request.