VISA Card Payment Procedures
The cardholder has certain responsibilities. Upon receipt of a VISA card, the cardholder has been delegated the authority to make appropriate purchases for business purpose only. Intentional use of a card for personal purchases or purchases not in accordance with Kenyon's procedures may result in card cancellation and disciplinary action up to and including termination. Please review the Travel and Expense Policy for further information.
The College VISA card should not be used for purchases at the Kenyon Inn or Bookstore. The College should not be paying sales tax. Verification of the College's tax-exempt status should be presented for each purchase.
The following steps should be taken by the cardholder before a VISA statement can be processed for payment by Accounts Payable:
1. Review each of the charges against the original, itemized receipt.
2. Attach the original receipt(s) to the VISA statement. All charges must be accounted for. Please attach the receipts in the same order as they are listed on the statement. If the original is unavailable, you should provide a statement acknowledging and authorizing payment without the receipt. The cardholder and your supervisor must sign this statement.
3. Assign the account number(s) and the dollar amount(s) to be charged. If the cardholder has more than 3 account numbers to be charged on their statement, a spreadsheet should be generated and attached. The following information should be noted with your VISA statement or spreadsheet to facilitate the payment process:
· Date and description of purchase
· Account numbers to charge
· Business purpose and business relationship
· Date and time of departure (if applicable)
4. Make sure that the balance due equals the amount authorized for payment. Unless there is a disputed charge, the account will be paid in full each month. In order to dispute a charge, a letter must be sent to:Cardmember Services
PO Box 6344
Fargo, ND 58125-6345 --or call 866-522-8855
Please forward a letter which details the reason for the dispute along with your VISA statement to the Accounts Payable / Purchasing Card Manager.
5. The cardholder must sign the statement approving the charges then submit the signed statement with the proper documentation to their supervisor for the appropriate Senior Staff approval. Statements must be received by Accounts Payable by the 20th of each month