There are a variety of ways to have fun at Kenyon by enjoying the natural world. Spending time outside fosters a connection with nature and provides completely green forms of entertainment.
Those interested in a recreational jog, or even more serious competition, can find plenty of areas to go for a run around campus.
- Gap Trail - The Kokosing Gap Trail is a flat 14-mile path, formerly railroad tracks. Students can connect with the trail behind the Kenyon Athletic Center (KAC) or next to the Brown Family Environmental Center (BFEC).
- BFEC trails - Miles of wooded trails can provide hours of fun hiking and running on the sometimes challenging routes.
- Mudman Triple - The Mudman Triple is a series of 3 races that take place entirely along the BFEC routes, culminating in a steeplechase 5k complete with barriers and obstacles along the way.
- Earth Day Challenge Marathon and Half Marathon - The marathon and half marathon routes feature a 4-mile loop in Gambier and then either 9 or 22 miles on the Gap Trail. Following the run is a fun Earth Day Expo.
- The Gap Trail is also ideal for bike rides.