Hiring Process for Senior Week and Commencement Weekend
The Offices of Commencement & Convocations and the Associate Dean of Students are now accepting applications from First Years, Sophomores, and Juniors interested in working as event staff during Senior Week and Commencement Weekend, May 11 - 18, 2013.
How the Hiring Process Works:
- Applicants must apply by using the online form linked below.
- Applications will be accepted until the end of the work day (5 p.m.) on Friday, January 27. This is a *firm* deadline.
- Applications will be reviewed during the first week of February and applicants selected in the first round will be contacted by e-mail to make an interview appointment. NOT ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE INTERVIEWED.
- All applications will remain under consideration until final hiring decisions are made at which time all applicants will be notified that the application process has closed. All hiring will be completed before the start of Spring Break.
Minimum Requirements and Expectations:
- Applicants must be able to remain on campus - and be available to work - from 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 12, until at least 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 18, when the Commencement Picnic finishes (e.g. - no scheduling flights home that necessitate leaving before the event is over - we need you here)
- Workers will need to be out of their dorm rooms by 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 18, just like the Seniors and other guests. (Workers will be given plenty of free time for packing between Senior Week duties.)
- Workers will be issued a schedule prepared by their managers. Workers are required to arrive on time for their shifts and be appropriately attired for the day's activities.
- Workers will stay in their current dorm rooms during Senior Week. Workers MAY NOT house other students or guests in their living quarters without the express permission of the Assistant Dean of Residence Life AND the Associate Dean of Students AND the Commencement Coordinator. Housing a student or guest without permission will be considered a violation of College Rules.
- Workers are required to OBEY THE RULES OF THE COLLEGE, particularly during this period of Senior celebrations. Anyone caught violating College policies will be sent home immediately and forfeit payment for their work.
- No worker - regardless of age - is allowed to participate in Senior Week activities (other than as a staff member), even if you are 21. Participation will be regarded as a violation of campus rules and any underclass student caught at a Senior event will FORFEIT THEIR OWN SENIOR WEEK PRIVILEGES, WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
The Fun Stuff (What Event Staff Work On):
Whew! And now, the fun stuff! Workers hired for Senior Week and Commencement Weekend will get a chance to help with all sorts of events including:
- Setting up sites and working events like off-campus trips, on-campus parties, outdoor movies, games, decorations, food, etc.
- Senior Cup voting, special traditions, and keeping everything running smoothly
- Preparing guest materials and areas; helping guests get around campus (golf cart driving anyone?)
- Staffing Commencement events and assisting visitors with questions, directions, and helping Seniors and their families have the best experience possible
To apply to work during Senior Week and Commencement Weekend, just follow the link below and fill out the application form by the end of the day on Friday, February 1.
A review of applications will proceed as they are received and interviews will be held during February 2012. Hiring will be completed before students leave for Spring Break.
We look forward to meeting you!