Reunion Committee Responsibilities
Behind any reunion is a group of volunteers working together to make it a success. The work done by the class reunion committee is vital to making reunion a special celebration for the class. Reunion committee members are expected to:
- Contact selected members of the class by phone, email, or mail, to encourage them to make a gift to the Kenyon Fund.
- Make a personal "stretch" gift in honor of your class reunion celebration.
- Attend one or both Reunion Planning Weekend sessions at the College to help with gift and social planning.
- Help organize class reunion activities the year before reunion.
- Encourage classmates to attend reunion
- Attend Reunion Weekend and assist with class activities.
- Have fun while staying connected to the College!
Depending on the size of the reunion committee, classes may decide to have an overall reunion chair, who works with Kenyon staff to:
- Oversee and assist the efforts of the social and gift chairs.
- Serve as the primary contact person for their class reunion.
- Help coordinate meetings and conference calls.
The reunion gift chair works with committee members and staff liaisons to set dollar and participation goals for the class Kenyon Fund gift. The reunion gift chair is the primary liaison to leadership prospects in the class, reunion committee, and the College. Gift chairs are also expected to:
- Work with the College staff to lead the reunion class giving campaign and oversee all fundraising efforts.
- Write or co-write class gift letters.
- Personally solicit "stretch" gifts from the reunion committee members.
- Encourage other committee members to solicit gifts from selected members of the class.
- Communicate to the committee and with the class about the multi-year reunion giving plan.
The reunion social chair works with the staff liaison during the year to plan and arrange Reunion Weekend class activities. Responsibilites include:
- Coordinate any class activities with the reunion committee and incorporate costs into class social fee.
- Select a memento, if desired, and arrange for the ordering and distriubtion of the memento to the class.
- Establish the class social and guest fee, and receive all fees from the class to cover all costs.
- Write reunion class social letters.