1. If an active shooter is outside your building:
- Stay in or go to a room that can be locked and turn off all lights, lock windows, and stay out of sight.
- One person in the room should call 427-5555.
- Stay put until given instructions by Campus Safety or a police officer.
2. If an active shooter is in your building:
- If your room can be locked, stay put. Turn off all lights and stay out of sight.
- If your room cannot be locked, determine if you can safely reach another lockable room or if you can safely exit the building.
3. If an active shooter enters your classroom, residence hall room, or office:
- Dial 427-5555 if possible and give your location. If you cannot speak, leave the line open so safety officers can hear what is happening.
- If you cannot escape, attempt to negotiate.
4. Only if absolutely necessary should you make any attempt to deal with the shooter.