Shelter in Place
Some emergencies will require you to remain inside. "Shelter in place" means staying put and, if possible, choosing a small room with as few windows as possible for refuge. To shelter in place:
- Stop classes, work, or business operations.
- Remain inside the building and ask others to do the same (assign an individual to ensure other occupants know of the need to shelter in place).
- If possible, relocate to a room on the safest floor, preferably interior, with the fewest windows and vents, as far as possible from the location of the incident.
- Call emergency contacts to let them know who is sheltering in place, and that they are safe.
- Close and lock all windows, exterior doors, and other openings to the outside.
- Do not erect barricades or obstacles in the event a fire or other incidents make it necessary to evacuate.
- Remain sheltered until otherwise directed by College officials.