About Institutional Research
Institutional Research reports to the Vice President of Library and Information Services and works with all college administrative and faculty offices performing the following functions.
Data Collection and Organization:
- Consulting about data-gathering activities in operating departments and encouraging data coding and reporting practices that will make for higher levels of consistency and accuracy across the College.
- Develop and maintain a college data warehouse useful to institutional management and longitudinal analysis (including peer institution comparative data)
Information Analysis, Interpretation, and Dissemination:
- Coordinate, standardize, and verify College data released to the public
- Respond to internal requests for information; College Fact Book, Strategic Indicators Dashboard, etc.
- Respond to external requests for information; IPEDS, The Common Data Set, etc., College Guides; U.S. News, Kaplan, Princeton Review, etc., Consortia; GLCA, AICUO, HEDS, etc., and Student Surveys
Surveys and Assessments:
- Coordinate campus survey activity
- Develop, implement and coordinate comprehensive plan for institutional educational outcomes assessment
- Support the institutional planning process
- Serve as a consultant to campus departments and committees
- Special research projects
- Gather institutional data for grants
- Maintain a presence for Kenyon College in key peer and national groups by attending consortia meetings and national institution research conferences