Child Care During College-Wide Events
The Gambier Child Care Center has graciously agreed to offer child care during the College-wide events listend below. Please remember to thank the staff members who have agreed to work these extra, non-compulsory hours so you can participate in a Keny0n event!
I have begun to receive questions about whether we could request child care during regular, weekly business hours when we have events that involve a large percentage of the campus (e.g. faculty advising training). Unfortunately, the answer is no.
Due to licensing regulations in the state of Ohio, the center cannot offer any care during regular, weekday business hours for children who are not already enrolled in day time programming. - Pamela
- Dates and Times for Child Care - Academic Year 2012-2013
- Special Notes
- Drop-Off Procedures
- Signing Up?
- Thursday, August 23 (Deadline Wednesday, August 15)
Opening Dinner for Faculty and Staff: 4:30-9:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 26 (Deadline Wednesday, August 15)
Opening Convocation, Meetings with First-Year Parents, and Scheduling Conferences with First-Year Students: Noon-8:30 p.m.
*This date subject to a minimum number of seven kids!*
- Thursday, October 25 (Deadline Wednesday, October 17)
Dedication of Studio Art Building: 5:00-7:00 p.m.
CHILD CARE from 5:30-7:30 p.m. (Children already in attendance at the Child Care Center can simply remain there past the usual 5:30 pick up time.)
- December Holiday Parties TBA
(Deadline, Monday, December 7)
- Friday, February 8 (Deadline Wednesday, January 30)
Senior Fandango Child Care: 6:30-9:00 p.m. (Fandango itself is from 7:00-9:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, May 15 (Deadline Monday, May 6)
Senior/Faculty Dinner Child Care: 5:30-9:00 p.m. (Cocktails and Dinner - 5:30 start)
- Friday, May 17 (Deadline Wednesday, May 8)
Commencement Weekend-Department Reception Child Care: 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Department Reception Time: 4:00-6:00 p.m. (drop off cannot be any earlier than 5:30 p.m. by state law)
- Saturday, May 18 (Deadline Wednesday, May 8)
Commencement Weekend-Commencement Ceremony and Picnic Childcare: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Commencement Festivities: 10:00 a.m. Line Up on Middle Path; 10:30 a.m. Procession Begins; Picnic immediately after ceremony, finishing around 1:30 p.m.
* This Date Subject to a MINIMUM of Seven Kids!*
- Infants - $5/hour
- Toddlers: $4.50/hour
- Pre-School/School Age: $4/hour
- SPECIAL "FREE" EVENING On Thursday, October 27, for the Art History Dedication Event - The above child care rates will be covered by the Director of Regional Events, Alexandra Compton, as a thank-you to faculty and staff parents who are making the time to participate in the dedication of the new Art History Building and Gallery Space. Thanks, Alex! =)
- THERE WILL BE A 5 CHILD MINIMUM FOR MOST EVENTS. If there are fewer than five children signed up for child care, the Child Care Center will contact parents to let them know. THERE IS A SEVEN CHILD MINIMUM FOR OPENING CONVOCATION.
- There will be a discount of $0.75 per child for families with multiple children
- For families that are currently enrolled at the Gambier Child Care Center, the special-event fee will be added to their bill and the drop-off restrictions listed below will not apply. (But, you will still need to sign-up for these special event times!!!)
- For families not currently receiving services, please have payment ready at drop-off.
- Parents will need to pack meals for children during the evening events. Food can be warmed at the center, so there is no need for meals to be cold.
- Lunch will be provided on the two Saturdays (August 29 and May 22).
- Due to licensing regulations, children being dropped off before 5:30 p.m. on event evenings should be brought to the Head Start classroom in the Community Center.
- This is because the Child Care Center cannot exceed the approved headcount number in their space during regular child care hours. Children dropped at the Head Start classroom will be met by qualified staff and walked over to the Child Care Center at 5:30 p.m.
- Should the number of children participating in the evening child care not exceed the total that the Child Care Center can allow during regular hours, parents may be able to make the drop-off directly at the Center. Check with staff members for further instructions when you make your arrangements.