Kenyon Procedures for Single College Proposals
GLCA Description of Individual College Awards
Judging Process for Single-College Proposals
The academic dean or provost of each GLCA member college will receive $1,000 per year from the Academic Innovation Fund for the purpose of supporting campus-based collaboration in either of the two thematic areas (i.e., building academic community, or fostering academic leadership). Each college dean or provost will oversee the process of evaluating proposals and determining awards for support from this single-college fund.
Kenyon College Procedures
Kenyon College will receive $1,000 a year for three years from the GLCA Academic Innovation Fund.
Faculty members wishing to apply for funds from the Kenyon Allotment of $1,000 may send a project proposal prepared in Microsoft Word that includes:
- The title of the project
- The names and departments of participating faculty members (there must be at least two faculty members)
- A statement of the project including:
- the project's topic or purpose
- the importance of the topic or purpose
- how the project will be carried out
- anticipated outcomes
- measures of success, and
- how the project builds academic community or fosters academic leadership
- A detailed project time table and
- A project budget with a detailed narrative of all costs.
Send as an email attachment to Jami Peelle. You will receive an email acknowledging receipt.
The Provost will make final decisions on which proposal/s will be funded.
The proposal due date for 2007 is June 15.
The proposal due date for 2008 is November 13, 2007.
The Proposal due date for 2009 is April 3, 2009.
The project must be a campus-based collaboration in either of two thematic areas:
- building academic community or
- fostering academic leadership
PAST Kenyon Projects
- 1st year : "Transnational Dialogues: De-centering the Academic Debate on Global
Feminisms." Clara Roman-Odio and Marta Sierra lead proposers.
- 2nd year: "The Best of Our Abilities: Aging Faculty and Our Relationship to the Curriculum." Kathryn Edwards lead proposer with collaborators from a number of departments and administrative offices.
Examples of projects for each of these themes may be found in the main Academic Innovation Fund (PDF) description, page 2.
Remember that collaborative projects with other GLCA schools may be supported by the main Academic Innovation Fund (PDF).