Interested in having Kenyon news served up to you on your desktop, web portal, or mobile phone? Kenyon now offers news feeds of our general campus and athletics news stories. More feeds may be added in the future.
To get the latest Kenyon news delivered via RSS, select a news feed link from the list below and paste it into the subscription window of your news reader.
Campus News: http://www.kenyon.edu/x32427.xml
Baseball News: http://athletics.kenyon.edu/x24053.xml
Field Hockey News: http://athletics.kenyon.edu/x24063.xml
Football News: http://athletics.kenyon.edu/x24073.xml
Golf News: http://athletics.kenyon.edu/x24072.xml
Softball News: http://athletics.kenyon.edu/x24058.xml
Volleyball News: http://athletics.kenyon.edu/x24055.xml
RSS (or "Really Simple Syndication") provides a way to be notified of new content on sites that support it. Once you have subscribed to a feed in your aggregator program (see below for suggested aggregators), you can browse new headlines as they come in.
Subscribing to a feed may vary between aggregators, but in general, you will need to copy the link to the feed you want and enter it into your aggregator. Multiple feeds are allowed in most aggregators, and some even come with subscriptions to demo feeds.
Listed below are some of the methods we suggest for acquiring an aggregator.
- Download Feedreader or another stand-alone aggregator. Feedreader is free, lightweight, and fully featured. Many other stand-alone readers exist as well. Ask around, and see what other sites that offer news feeds suggest to find what's right for you.
- Subscribe with a web-based RSS reader such as Bloglines.
- Use the RSS news reader now available in Firefox and Internet Explorer 7.0
- Use Gmail's WebClips or a similar email-client aggregator to view your feed along with your email.
- Use your mobile phone. Many cell phones come with internet access, and often they can handle RSS feeds. Check with your manufacture or look through your phone's manual to find out how to subscribe to feeds on your phone.