Administrative Assistants as Independent Contractors
- The work is not to be performed during the Administrative Assistant's College work hours.
- The work is not to be performed at Kenyon.
- The work is not to be performed with the use of Kenyon materials or equipment.
- The work is not sanctioned, supervised or warranted by the College.
- Administrative Assistants affirm that they provide similar services for the general public.
Administrative Assistants submit invoices directly to the faculty member upon completion of the job*. The faculty member can then pay the independent contractor from their personal funds, from grant funds or may submit the invoice to Darlene Tedrow for payment from their Individual Faculty Development Account, Faculty Development Grants or Start-up funds. These expenses should not be submitted for reimbursement. Payments are not to be made directly to the vendor by the faculty member. Payments will only be made to the Vendor and not to reimburse the faculty member.
* Independent contractors do not charge by the hour or other period of time; they charge by the job.
Amounts paid by the College to independent contractors are reported each year to the IRS and to the independent contractor on Form 1099.
The following persons have indicated their willingness to accept typing or similar jobs under the policies stated above:
Contact Darlene Tedrow if you wish to be added to the list.