The minimum requirement of 5.75 units is distributed as follows:
- Theory: 1.5 units (MUSC 121-122 and 222)
- History: 1.5 units (MUSC 102 and two of MUSC 202-205)
- Ethnomusicology: .5 units (MUSC 206) This requirement applies to students who declare(d) their major after February 23, 2009.
- Electives: 1.5 units (MUSC 302-331, 391-392, or additional from MUSC 202-205 or 221)
- Applied study/performance: .75 unit (3 semesters of 50-minute lessons) compiled from applied lessons at Level II or above.
- Senior Exercise
- Additional Requirements: For students whose major instrument is not piano, two semesters of 25-minute piano lessons. (Note: A grade average of 3.33 or higher must be earned for these lessons in order to meet this requirement.)