What is TEDxKenyonCollege: Everyday Leadership?
TEDxKenyonCollege is a local, independently organized TED event taking place on Saturday, March 23, 2013, from 12:45 to 5 p.m. in the Gund Gallery at Kenyon College. The event strives to re-create the unique experience found at TED, where the world's leading thinkers and doers congregate to share what they are most passionate about. At our event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group (limited to 100 attendees). At its core, the fundamental goal of TED and TEDxKenyonCollege is to foster and spread great ideas. We aim to provide a platform where the smartest thinkers, greatest visionaries, and most fascinating individuals will be inspired and will have the opportunity to inspire others.
For more information about TEDx visit: http://www.ted.com/tedx
To purchase a ticket to TEDxKenyonCollege visit: http://tedxkenyoncollege.eventbrite.com
About the Theme
The theme for TEDxKenyonCollege is Everyday Leadership. The concept of Everyday Leadership explores how our passions translate into leadership and how leadership relates to everyday life. Great leaders are often all around us- whether we realize it or not. It's not about title or position, but the ways in which we strive to do our best and improve each other's lives. Our intent is to explore what leadership looks like in our everyday actions, decisions, and conversations, and how it inspires us to make ourselves and the world around us better.
TEDxKenyonCollege Program Committee
The program committee was initiated and is chaired by the Student Activities Office, but consists of faculty and staff from across the college.
- Christina Mastrangelo, Student Activities- TEDxKenyonCollege Curator
- Kim Blank, Student Activities- Speakers and Hospitality
- Leslie Harding, Career Development Office- Speakers and Hospitality
- Erin Ciarimboli, Orientation and Community Programs- Volunteers and Registration
- Lindsay Faulstick, Residence Life- Volunteers and Registration
- Kim Smith, Center for Global Engagement- Speakers and Hospitality
- Natalie Marsh, Gund Gallery- Venue and Logistics
- Megan Hancock- Gund Gallery- Venue and Logistics
- Josh Fitzwater- Public Affairs- Marketing and Branding
- Scott Baker- Alumni and Parent Programs
- Benjamin Viccellio- Dance, Drama and Film- Emcee
- Ellen Harbourt- Registrar
This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED.