Campus Parking Modifications
The College has expanded parking opportunities for students, faculty, and staff during the construction period by reconfiguring some lots and adding a Remote Lot shuttle service.
The overall number of parking spaces has increased and includes spots for carpoolers and the disabled.
More students will be asked to park at the South Lot, across from McBride Field, and at the Remote Parking Lot. A timed shuttle service, with the help of students, will include stops at the Remote Lot, McBride Circle, and the Ascension Lot. The Remote Lot has been improved with grading and lighting. Access to shelter, a rest room, and telephone and emergency-telephone service is now provided at the Remote Lot. The shuttle service will be developed with student help and scheduling details will be added as the plans are refined.
A large number of faculty-and-staff parking spaces will be lost behind Olin/Chalmers and in the area of Walton and Wing houses during the construction period. To provide parking as close as possible to the affected area, the College fleet of fifteen vehicles has been moved from the Palme Lot to the East Gund Lot, which was previously student parking. Faculty-and-staff spaces have been established in the Lewis, Norton, and Watson lots on Ward Street. And now that O'Connor House is complete, the Horowitz Lot is back to full strength. Faculty-and-staff spaces have been gained in the West Gund Lot, previously used by AVI employees, who will park in the South Lot.
The lots listed below are the only lots that had changes made to them for the duration of the construction period. All other lots remain as they previously were.
1. WATSON HALL — 36 faculty/staff spaces, 1 handicap space, 2 residence life staff spaces - no student parking Monday-Friday [student parking from Friday 4:00 P.M. until midnight Sunday]
2. NORTON HALL — 12 faculty/staff spaces, 3 residence life spaces — no student parking Monday-Friday [student parking from Friday 4:00 P.M. until midnight Sunday]
3. LEWIS HALL — 11 faculty/staff spaces, 1 handicap space, 4 residence life spaces — no student parking Monday-Friday [student parking from Friday 4:00 P.M. until midnight Sunday]
4. GUND COMMONS, EAST LOT — campus fleet vehicle parking 17 spaces, 2 spaces for vehicles using fleet vehicles
5. GUND COMMONS, WEST LOT — 11 faculty/staff spaces, 1 handicap space
6. PEIRCE HALL NORTH LOT — visitor parking 12 spaces, 1 handicap space, 2 carpool spaces
7. CHAPEL CIRCLE PARKING — visitor parking only & 1 handicap space
8. PALME & DAVIS HOUSE LOT — 54 faculty spaces, 1 handicap space, 2 carpool spaces
9. SOUTH LOT — AVI employees 45 spaces, students 110 spaces, 3 faculty/staff spaces
10. REMOTE LOT — increased capacity for student vehicles
11. OLIN/CHALMERS, SUNSET & BAILEY PARKING — 2 service vehicles, 2 handicap vehicles, 39 faculty/staff spaces
12. BEXLEY HALL WEST LOT — 10 student spaces, 1 handicap space, 3 faculty/staff spaces
13. BEXLEY HALL EAST LOT — 7 faculty/staff spaces, 5 student spaces
Faculty/staff that carpool will need to complete a carpool form in the Office of Campus Safety. Once the form is completed a carpool placard will be issued to the carpool to place in the driver's vehicle.
Please note: Modifications to parking plans may periodically change as construction proceeds. Please look for announcements in the future.