Senior Week & Commencement Weekend Assistant
Senior Week/Commencement Weekend assistants are individuals who act as support staff for the Associate Dean of Students and the Commencement Coordinator in early May.
1. Senior Week Meals - Staffing the dining hall entrance and making sure that all seniors get a wristband for the week.
2. Behind the Scenes Work - Setting up activities and working events which could include going on off campus trips, preparing locations for outside or inside activities (i.e. inflatable games, capture the flag, outdoor movies, moving band equipment, setting up snacks and food tables, drink stations, decorations, working parties).
3. Senior Cup voting - Collecting the votes for the Seniors' favorite faculty member.
4. Sign Up Lists - Manning the sign up list for seniors to attend trips and verifying attendance before leaving campus and off campus locations.
5. Preparing Guest Materials and Areas - Helping to put together registration packets, check keys/rooms and event spaces, place signage, etc.
6. Working Commencement Registration - Passing out registration packets, assisting with directions and questions, being a contact point for staff and guests.
7. Staffing Commencement Events - Taking tickets, guiding foot traffic, passing out programs, helping to handle any challenges that may arise (large issues will be handled by your managers.)
8. Assisting with Transportation - Driving golf carts on campus to assist visitors with special needs, moving materials for events, and assisting as shuttle drivers.
9. Assisting Visitors - Answering questions, giving directions, connecting visitors to the correct resources.
10. Unanticipated Events – Occasionally situations arise in which a staff member or event manager requires your assistance outside of scheduled shifts. Even though the task at hand may not be listed on this sheet, you are expected to help out to the best of your ability if you are asked to do so, and you will be compensated for your time at your regular rate of pay.
11. Being on call - Being available throughout the week. There will be certain moments that through the week where we need more workers than we anticipated - in the past, we have done our best to honor the initial schedule and offer these extra hours to those who request them.
(NOTE: Be aware that maintenance WILL THROW AWAY any toiletry items left in public restrooms- beginning May 9th, 2015. Be sure to move your things out of the bathroom and into your dorm room for this final week!)
(NOTE: Workers, regardless of age, are NOT ALLOWED to PARTICIPATE in Senior Week activities. You will be asked to work/monitor them but participation is considered a violation of campus rules, even if you are 21.)
(NOTE 1: It is important that you start packing between shifts to avoid a last minute scramble!)
(NOTE 2: Some workers over the age of 21 will be asked to stay an extra night in order to work the Provost Party on May 16th)
PLEASE BE AWARE: Workers will be required to leave campus by 7:00 p.m. on May 16th, just like the seniors. We will work with you to schedule your Saturday shifts in a way that will mesh well with your travel needs.