Parking spaces at Kenyon College are at a premium. In order for there to be adequate parking for those associated with the college, everyone must adhere to the rules and regulations, use the lots assigned and use them properly.
Vehicles parked along village streets are subject to the laws and ordinances of the Village of Gambier and the State of Ohio. Parking lots are divided into North, South and Staff/Faculty parking. It is vital that these areas be properly utilized. Students may only park their vehicles in the student lots for which their decal allows.
1. First-year students: Limited spaces are available to first-year students. The permits will be distributed on a first-come-first-served basis. Registration for incoming Freshman is closed to applicants on June 1st of each year. All first-year students will be assigned parking on the South side of campus.
2. Upper-class students:
South Parking: Most of the parking for upper class students is located on the south side of campus in the South parking lot (Behind Peirce), South KAC parking lot, and the West Tennis lot. Note: the South KAC parking lot has several spaces restricted for KAC visitors only. These spots should not be used for student permitted vehicles. The West Tennis lot is designated entirely for student vehicles.
North Parking: There is limited parking on the north side of campus. Upper-class Students who are living in New Apartments or Bexley Place apartments will receive a north parking permit, until the lots are filled to capacity where they will then be assigned to the South lots. North parking permits are permitted to park in either the New Apartments lot or the Bexley Road lot.
3. Hillel House, Snowden Center, BFEC house, Crozier Center, Spaid House, Murnen House, Cai House, Acland Apartments, Morgan Apartments and Wilson Apartments: Parking is limited to two motor vehicles per house or apartment.
4. Faculty/Staff Lots: Parking for faculty/staff is on a first-come-first-serve basis. While there are enough parking spots to accommodate all faculty and staff, there are very few open spots throughout the work day. Do not assume there will be a spot in another lot if you choose to drive to a meeting or event. Walking is the preferred method of getting around campus during the work day. Students with north or south decals are permitted to park in faculty/staff lots between the hours of 5:00pm and 2:00am, seven days a week.
The following is a list of faculty/staff lots. These lots are restricted to faculty/staff parking only, except as indicated above.
5. Visitor Parking: Visitor parking is designated in the following lots and is restricted for the many visitors that come to Kenyon on any given day:
Ward Street: Lewis, Norton and Watson Hall parking lots
College-Park Road: Chapel lot and the North Peirce lot
Violators of the restricted parking areas will be ticketed. Any stopped vehicle without a driver physically in the driver's seat is considered parked.
6. Loading and Unloading: When the need arises to load or unload a vehicle, time is permitted for this activity. When moving in at the start of the academic year or moving out at close of the year, ample time is allotted for this process (usually 15-20 minutes). At other times of the year, if parking for loading or unloading in a restricted area is required, the Office of Campus Safety must be notified prior to the vehicle being parked in the restricted zone or fire lane. At this time permission may be granted for a period not to exceed 15 minutes. Vehicles parked in these areas under any other circumstances may be ticketed. Under no circumstances may vehicles be left unattended in a fire lane.